With the "First Contact" course, you will be able to use the important words and phrases of a language in less than 2 months.
This 17-part course is free.
This course has two objectives: to give you the ability to communicate in very simple situations and to prove to you that you are capable of learning a new language.
We have developed an extremely effective approach to facilitate the memorization of content: loop training combined with a spaced memory algorithm.
If you follow our plan, you can learn the basics of any language in just a few weeks.
Each lesson is divided into three steps:
- Exploring the content and practicing pronunciation.
- Listening to the content on your own to get a feel for it.
- Active memorization by taking tests that allow you to progress while evaluating your knowledge.
In the "Help" section you will find all the details to make the best use of our method.
|Goodbye||안녕히 가세요 - 안녕히 계세요|
|Goodbye||잘가 - 잘있어|
|See you later||나중에 봅시다|
|See you later||나중에 보자|
|Thanks a lot||감사합니다|
|Thank you for your help||도와주셔서 감사합니다|
|Thank you for your help||도와줘서 고마워|
|Don't mention it||아니예요|
|How much is it?||가격이 얼마예요?|
|I don't understand||이해를 못 했어요|
|I don't understand||이해가 안 돼|
|I get it||이해했어요|
|I get it||이해했어|
|I don't know||잘 모르겠는데요|
|I don't know||잘 몰라|
|Excuse me, where are the toilets?||화장실이 어디에 있어요?|
|Happy New Year!||새해 복 많이 받으세요|
|Happy birthday!||생신을 축하 드려요|
|Happy holiday!||경사를 축하드려요|
How to learn Korean in 10 steps?
1. Learn the alphabet and the pronunciation of sounds. Start by learning the Korean alphabet and the pronunciation of the letters. It will help you read and pronounce Korean words correctly.
2. Learn basic vocabulary. Start by learning common words and phrases that you can use in everyday conversation. Mastering the specific vocabulary of this language will help you understand the words you hear or see written.
3. Practice speaking. One of the best ways to learn a language is to listen to native speakers speak it. Watch Youtube videos, movies and TV shows. Then repeat the words and phrases to improve your pronunciation. Even talking only with yourself, this exercise practiced regularly will make you progress in a spectacular way (we have created a unique tool dedicated to this training).
4. Learn the basics of grammar. Like all languages, Korean has its own grammatical rules. Learn the basics of Korean grammar, like verbs, nouns, articles, and pronouns. It will help you to build simple and correct sentences in Korean.
5. Find a conversation partner. Practice speaking with native speakers or with other learners. Use the words and phrases you have learned to introduce yourself, talk about your interests, ask questions, etc. The more you practice, the more you will improve your understanding and expression.
6.Read in Korean.Read Korean books, newspapers and magazines to help you understand the language better.
7. Find the right teaching resources. There are many books, online courses, apps, and websites that can help you learn Korean. Choose the resources that suit you and that seem adapted to your level and your objectives.
8. Join a language course with a teacher. Taking a course with a qualified teacher can help you learn the language faster. There are many sites that allow you to find qualified teachers.
9. Anticipate periods of stagnation. After a few months you will have the impression of not progressing any more: there are always periods when progress is rapid and visible, followed by periods when progress is no longer perceptible. The best way to get through these difficult times is to continue to improve by diversifying your sources of learning.
10. Don't lose heart! Learning a new language can take time and patience, but if you stick with it, you will eventually achieve your goal of mastering Korean. Keep studying and practicing to improve your skills and achieve your learning goals. And never lose sight of this: fun is the best engine for any learning.
How to learn Korean by yourself? Start with an easy and free online course!We have adopted an objective and efficient approach to learn how to speak a language easily and quickly: we suggest you to start by memorizing words, phrases and practical expressions that you can use in everyday life and that will be useful when traveling.
Getting used to pronounce words out loud, numbers for instance, is an easy exercise that you can practice often and at anytime throughout the day.
It will help you to get used to the sounds of your chosen language and thus make it more familiar.
And once your holidays have begun, in Seoul, Jeju-do or elsewhere in Korea, you will be surprised how familiar and easy to understand it will seem.
Furthermore, using a pocket dictionary is always useful, particularly during a trip. It enables you to find the translation of new words and enrich your vocabulary.
Why speak Korean when traveling?
Whether you are a potential investor or a fan of K-pop, speaking Korean is the tool you need to succeed in your projects and make the most of your desires!
One of the largest economies in the world
Among the world's largest economies by GDP and with a high HDI, South Korea is one of the Asian dragons. Its export-based economy has many partners, such as the United States, China, the European Union and India. Among the famous Korean companies are Samsung, LG, Hyundai and Kia Motors.
Tourism also plays a significant role in the country's economy. Jeju-do Island, for example, is a popular destination for Koreans, Japanese and Chinese, especially for honeymooners. On the mainland, religious sites like the Seokguram Grotto, Jongmyo Confucian Shrine and Haeinsa Buddhist Temple attract tourists from all over the world.
The country has several palaces, fortresses and historic villages, including Changdeokgung, Hwaseong and Hahoe Folk Village respectively.
A boom in Asian culture of today and yesterday
Influenced by Buddhism and Confucianism, traditional Korean culture has a strong presence of dances often performed in female groups, such as taepyeongmu and salpuri. The tradition is also present in the fields of painting, theatre and music. K-pop and its bands are famous all over the world. K-drama and video game competitions are other remarkable aspects of contemporary popular culture that has spread around the world.
Make a success of your stay in Korea
Whether you are going to spend a few days with friends for a leisure trip or if you are on a business trip, nothing will be more useful to you than to be able to slip a few words in the language of your interlocutors, who will appreciate your effort and will be certainly more willing to help.
How to succeed in having good pronunciation within a week to a month?
The official language of South Korea, North Korea and the Yanbian Autonomous Prefecture in China, Korean is written in the Hangul alphabet of 24 letters, including 14 consonants and 10 vowels. This alphabet is phonemic with syllabic demarcation. Some Korean circles also use hainan sinograms, especially for writing words of Chinese origin.
A common mistake of Romance-language native speakers learning Korean is the romanization of the pronunciation of a letter, since transcription into the Latin alphabet does not mean that the pronunciation of a letter in Korean will correspond to the pronunciation in the learner's mother tongue.
In addition, some letters will be pronounced differently depending on their place in a word. Here are some examples:
The ᄌ is pronounced like the DJ of "djinn", but like the TCH of "Czech" when at the beginning of a word
When the final consonant of a syllable is ㄱ and the first consonant of the next syllable is ㄹ, the ㄹwill be pronounced ㄴ.
When the final consonant of a syllable is ㄴ and the first consonant of the next syllable is ㄹ, the ㄴ will be pronounced ㄹ.
Alphabet > Korean
Your comments are welcome!Show comments ( + )